Monday, May 05, 2008

Day 8



So one of the things i was nervous about when Lamont left was that I am going to have a teenager this summer! Yes the thought of it is so scary! I mean don't get me wrong, he's a good kid, but a teen is a teen. Lamont and I are pretty old fashioned about alot of things. Sadly kids nowadays get cell phones as early as they can, which works for some people but not us. My son isn't away from home long enough to even need one, but we are considering it for his birthday this year. We are slowly trying to allow him the little freedoms that come with being a teen. So this site that I captured yesterday falls into those little freedoms. Anthonne got a call on MY cell from one of his female friends. No i never let him go beyond ear shot, because I wanted to make sure the conversation stayed age appropriate. Maybe i'm paranoid, but kids are growing up way to fast nowadays and i just want to make sure mine stays his age for awhile.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Ohhh I completely agree!! Mine stay within earshot too when their on the phone!

crystaltate said...

i cant believe mine is right behind him. Can i say im not ready yet lol. You guys are doing so great very proud of you. Keep strong.