Monday, May 26, 2008

Day 29









Wow what a day we've had! When i decided to put together this very impromptu barbeque I knew it would be alot of work, but I also knew it would feel good to be around friends today and it really did. I was able to talk to Lamont this morning and although it was great to hear his voice, it broke my heart that he wasn't able to really enjoy the day. The day that is set aside for people like him, those who serve and have served for our country. Instead he packed his bags to get ready to go the Udari desert. It made it such a bittersweet day for me. I loved having all of our friends over, the food, the games and just being able to laugh...it was such a wonderful feeling. But I did miss Lamont so much, and i wanted so badly just to give him some sort of comfort today. All I could do was tell him how proud we are of him, and I will say it again to him now.

I love you so much Lamont and I am so proud of the sacrifice you make for our family and for our country. You will always be our hero!

btw...thanks Becky for taking alot of these pics!!

No comments: