Thursday, June 05, 2008

Day 39







Yesterday started off good, and quickly turned bad. As to not give too much away, I had alot of things to deal with from our housing people, to Aly and Anthonne's school. It left me feeling very defeated and wanting to talk to Lamont. I knew he was in bed so I just wrote him an email and hoped to talk to him today. Well he called me at 2am, but I needed to talk so it didn't bother me at all. I was able to vent to him about some of the things that are going on and of course like he always does, he was able to give me great advice on how to handle it all. There are no words to describe how much it means to me that even being thousands of miles away, he still tries and suceeds in being a strong part of our family. He sent me some pictures from the past few weeks. The first is him training before he left to Kuwait, then the second is his tent in Kuwait. The last few pictures are of the children in Afghanistan. Lamont sent these home to show our children one of the reasons they are there, and to appreciate what we have here. Although we are with out our daddy and husband, we don't have to live in these conditions. Lamont explained that these children, eat, bathe and play in this area. I hope in seeing these pictures my children will have a better understanding of what they have and learn to appreciate it a little more.

No comments: