Sunday, May 21, 2006

Back into time



What do you do when you find out that your favorite R&B groups of the '90s are performing on Mother's day for a reunion concert???? You run out and get your tickets asap!! Lamont and I were too excited to go see After 7, Blackstreet, Guy and Tony, Toni, Tone. We got there a little late (cause that's how we roll...lol) so I missed 3 songs from After 7. I wasn't too happy about that, but I did get to hear my favorite songs from them, Ready or Not. I had goosebumps. It may sound silly but I just love Kevon Edmonds' voice....it is very recognizable.
The rest of the concert was great. When TTT performed "Anniversary" Lamont and I stood up and danced in the little ailse of the stadium. We were about the only people standing, but the song means alot to us. So let me take you back about 9 years ago. It was our second anniversary and we had no money. We had just found out that we were expecting another baby and to me that was all the gift I needed. I didn't expect to get anything nor was I able to get Lamont anything. That morning I remember waking up hearing:
tommorow will come and girl i can't wait it's our anniversary, anniversary
the first thing i'll do is run straight to you it our anniversary, anniversary
It's our anniversary
Ahh....memories....
It was so nice to be there with Lamont and think about our beginnings...it was a perfect ending to a great Mother's day weekend!

No comments: